Sunday, January 23, 2011

They learn on their own


I looked at the water and saw tons of stones floating only on one side of the river. What did just fall from the sky I wondered? When I walked past this place an hour back, there was nothing there. I looked at them again and again. And suddenly I realized the stones had wings and beaks and those were not stones but birds!

What made them all gather to the edge of the river I wondered. I could think of only one thing and it was so obvious.
The sun was setting and as the sun went down on the other side of the mountain across the river, the sun's reflection only reached this side of the river.
With the temperature falling with the pace at which sun was setting, the little birds all gathered in the only sun lit area of the water.
Looks like they savour the warmth till the very end! I found it very interesting, took a picture to post here too!

Hey! This reminds me of something very similar I saw at my Aunt's place in Mumbai. There was a B.E.S.T bus depot just behind the place where my aunt lived in Dadar. First thing we heard at noon was a siren and then if we looked outside our window, we would see all the employees outside in the open area. They just stood still, no talking no eating no smoking, nothing. Just sun bathing in the middle of the day!

No comments: